How to handle pop-ups
Allow or block pop-ups in Safari for your Mac
- Go to the website.
- In the Safari program for your Mac, select Safari > Preferences, then click on the website.
- Click Websites.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click Pop-up Windows.
- Click Allow, Block and Notify, or Block for this website.
- Click on the pop-up window on the left. If you don't see the pop-up window option, scroll down to the bottom of the list.
- From the pop-up menu for each website, select one of the following:
- Allow - to display pop-ups.
- Block and notify - do not display pop-ups for websites by default, but click on the Smart Search field to display them.
- Block - do not display pop-ups.
Block or allow pop-ups in Chrome
Chrome blocks pop-ups from automatically displaying on the screen by default. When a pop-up is blocked, a pop-up blocker appears in the search address window. You can also set this to allow pop-ups.
- To change default pop-up and redirection settings.
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- In the upper right corner, click More Settings.
- Click Privacy and Security and then Site Settings.
- Click Pop-ups and Redirects.
- Select the desired option as the default setting.
Block or allow pop-ups in Microsoft Edge
Edge blocks pop-ups from automatically displaying on the screen by default. When a pop-up is blocked, a pop-up blocker appears in the search address window. You can set this to allow pop-ups.
- To change the default pop-up blocker.
- Open Microsoft Edge on your computer.
- Click the Settings & More icon in the upper right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click Cookies and Site Permissions, and then click "Pop-ups and Redirects."
- Change the settings for Block (recommended).